In 1969 the Guadalupe Missionaries and International Missionary Institute (founded by the Catholic Bishops of Mexico in the year 1949), officially begun their pastoral activities at Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, Nairobi.
His Eminence, the Late Maurice Michael Cardinal Otunga invited the Guadalupe Missionaries to start this noble evangelization course in dedication to the protection of Our Lady of Guadalupe; and he himself offered a piece of land to construct our current church at Adams Arcade area of Nairobi.
On 29th September 1973, Cardinal Maurice Otunga blessed and laid
the foundation stone of the current Church building. Since then, the Parish has grown into a large Christian community in terms of number of Christians, apostolate and facilities. The Parish is popular and serves a diverse and challenging Catholic and community members who come from as far as Kibera, Jamhuri, Westlands, Dagoretti and Karen.
Since the beginning to date, different Guadalupe Missionaries have served in the Parish. During these 40 years each one of them have contributed uniquely towards the formation of the Christian community into what it is today. We congratulate each one of them for nurturing the charism of their congregation.
And for that we want to tell them wherever they are (some are already in the Kingdom of Heaven) that we always pray for them. As well as we pray for the current Parish Priest, Fr Juan Jose Cortes Casillas, MG; and his assistances Fr Victor Pinon Salinas, MG; and Fr Jose Bejarano Martinez, MG.