14th December 1953 was a historic day for India’s International Bank, Bank of Baroda. Bank of Baroda, India started its glorious journey of its Overseas Operations on this day by opening a branch at Makadara Road, Mombasa in Kenya.
Later, on 03rd October 1959, another branch was opened at Digo Road in Mombasa. Subsequently, in 2002 Makadara Branch was merged with Digo Road Branch, Mombasa.
On 21st January 1992 the subsidiary, Bank of Baroda (Kenya) Ltd was incorporated with 86.70% shareholding of the Bank of Baroda, India and 43 local shareholders constitute the remaining 13.3%.
As on 31st December 2017, Bank of Baroda (Kenya) Ltd. has an authorized Capital of Kenya Shillings (Kshs.) 16,909 million with subscribed and paid up capitals of Kshs. 900 million respectively. Bank of Baroda, India is contributing a capital of Kshs. 858 million.
Bank is offering all the Banking services to its customers, enabled with transaction based banking- Internet Banking, RTGS (Domestic) & ready to offer cross border RTGS among East African Countries through East African Payment System (EAPS), Mpassbook, Debit Card, SMS banking etc.